Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Employment at last

For those who have shown concern for my career path, I have some heartening news. Today I accepted a position with The Globe and Mail, where I'll work in an editing capacity. While it was a difficult decision to step away from sportswriting for the near future, I think this move is going to benefit my prospects in the long run.

I've had a great relationship with the National Post sports department, one I hope to continue in the future. They gave me my first major break into the industry and a glimpse at the job I want to eventually settle into. For now, however, it's on to other things. Those that know me know I'm not one to get too comfortable in any one spot.

As for the blog, my guess is that my new position will allow me more time to contribute to it, unfettered by any obligation to a publication. While I'll no longer be active in the hockey media, I'll still have my ear in with their circles. And, with the NHL potentially returning come September, it's my guess that the job market will be much more fruitful at that time.

4 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, April 20, 2005, Anonymous David said...

Congrats, and good luck with it.

 
At 8:53 AM, April 21, 2005, Blogger Eric McErlain said...

Great news, congratulations.

 
At 5:58 PM, April 21, 2005, Blogger John F. said...

Congratulations James!

 
At 2:10 AM, April 25, 2005, Anonymous dad said...

congratulations son! 'that'sa mya boya' see you in june.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker