Wednesday, April 20, 2005

King of the Wheaties

I wrote a story for today's National Post on Brandon Wheat Kings sniper Eric Fehr.

Yes, it's been a pretty good year for the youngster from Winkler, Man. And you won't hear much griping from him for it. That is, aside from that little Team Canada thing.

"The first half of the season, I was definitely working towards impressing the coaches for that team and working towards being in that tournament," said Fehr, who was one of the final cuts from Canada's entry in the 2005 world junior championship. "But after I got cut I kind of had to change my mindset to come back and help the Wheat Kings get ready for a playoff run.

"I definitely want to show everybody that I was good enough to be there."

The Wheat Kings are facing the Calgary Hitmen tonight in Game 7 of the second round of the WHL playoffs. I'll post the full Fehr story over at my article trove sometime next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker