Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Chilliwack Bruins name new GM

Fresh off the wire, the WHL expansion Chilliwack Bruins have named their first general manager. Not earth-shattering news by any means, although I do find it interesting that this will be British Columbia's sixth junior hockey franchise, a far stretch from 10 years ago when Kamloops and Prince George were the lone representatives from my home province.

Chilliwack has been a great Jr. A city for as long as I can recall, and it'll make a solid new club when they start play in September 2006. How far behind can a team in say, Burnaby, be? I'm not sure if anyone knows what will happen to the Jr. A Chiefs in Chilliwack, but feel free to drop me a line if you do. It looks as though Jr. A hockey will have to move to smaller centres in the future, what with the rapid expansion of the CHL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker