Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hurricane Katrina hits New Orleans

Eric at Offwing and John at Boltsmag both commented on Hurricane Katrina, and since I'm laying out the storm page here at work, I thought it was at least worth a post. The Globe's Alan Freeman is in Baton Rouge — as close as you can get without a dingy, I hear — reporting on the chaos in the area. I won't comment specifically on how it looks, but the package for tomorrow's paper is impressive.

Best of luck to those poor souls who are stuck camping out in the Louisiana Superdome the next few days.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger John F. said...

Yoru readership probably heard that part of the SUperdome roof tore away and water was getting inside the stadium (rain) and they could see daylight from inside.

I have not seen pictures and haven't been following the storm as closely this morning as I had yesterday... But the storm blew out a bit before it made landfall -- still a very powerful storm but not the horrific monster that it was while in open water yesterday.

 
At 9:21 PM, August 29, 2005, Anonymous HockeyPools.net said...

I feel bad for the people of New Orleans and I have great memories of that town. I've only ever been there once but my buddy and I found a great little spot on Decateur called the "Deep South Lounge" and I highly recommend the place if you ever go there! It is a small little bar with a really nice group of regulars that not only run the place but also have a great time partying it up with even a couple of hockey loving Canadians like we are! ... not to mention the automatic bull and the ping pong table, which make for a great night of fun after playing some card games at the bar! We had a great night and will definitely stop by if we're down in those parts again.

And not only this place but I found most of the people in New Orleans were very friendly and down to earth. I hope they are able to put things back together after Katrina!

Cheers,
--
HockeyPools.net
The fastest, easiest
#1 hockey pool manager!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker