Monday, November 14, 2005

The worst team in hockey

There are quite a few candidates, what with the St. Louis Blues on an 11-game losing streak and the Washington Capitals playing as well as their roster would indicate they would.

The truly worst team in the NHL, however, was discovered by Offwing's Eric McErlain last night:
That's a question I was endeavoring to answer yesterday evening when I switched to COMCAST Channel 773 for the late afternoon game between Columbus and LA. As it turned out, it didn't take long, as Martin Prusek gave up three goals in the first 4:43 of the first period...
I was going to write a post on the Blue Jackets as the worst team in hockey over the weekend. I caught their game with the Oilers on Friday at work, and while the score was only 3-1 for Edmonton, Columbus looked so disinterested and disorganized that the game's outcome was never really in doubt.

Eric's post reminds me of The Hockey News' Parting Shot that comes from Blue Jackets coach Gerard Gallant in this week's issue of the magazine:
"I can't make 12 or 13 healthy scratches."
- Columbus coach Gerard Gallant, on why he hasn't benched a veteran to shake up his struggling team.
And he isn't kidding.
UPDATE I'm not really surprised that my site's the No. 2 hit for this search query. I've been saying for a long, long time that they've been terribly mismanaged, but no one seems to believe me. You'll see... you'll all see.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Nick said...

Well, at least they're doing something about it. A Nash-Federov line might not be too bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker