Friday, December 02, 2005

Get your hate/love on

Mr. Jes Golbez, purveyor of all that is unholy in the hockey blogging community, brings us his most and least favourite players from each and every NHL team. Boy, does he get his hate on.

There's probably a decent chance I'll be interviewing some NHL fellows in my occupational future, so you only get my favourites. This is all in good fun (and, in general, I like almost every guy I've met anyway).

My Favourites
Anaheim: Scott Niedermayer
Atlanta: Peter Bondra
Boston: Brian Leetch
Buffalo: Andrew Peters
Calgary: Jarome Iginla
Carolina: Cam Ward
Chicago: Kyle Calder
Colorado: Steve Konowalchuk
Columbus: Gilbert Brule
Dallas: Brenden Morrow
Detroit: Kris Draper
Edmonton: Jason Smith
Florida: Joe Nieuwendyk
Los Angeles: Craig Conroy
Minnesota: Dwayne Roloson
Montreal: Saku Koivu
Nashville: Dan Hamhuis
New Jersey: Scott Gomez
New York Isles: Brad Lukowich
New York Rangers: Jaromir Jagr
Ottawa: Mike Fisher
Philadelphia: Mike Richards
Pittsburgh: Ryan Malone
Phoenix: Curtis Joseph
San Jose: Alyn McCauley
St. Louis: Dean McAmmond
Tampa Bay: Sean Burke
Toronto: Alexander Steen
Vancouver: Brendan Morrison
Washington: Jeff Halpern

Four goalies, five defencemen and 21 forwards. Four ex-Kamloops Blazers. Five Americans and four Europeans. Three fellows I've interviewed. Four rookies.

I dunno what the tangible connection is, but all of these guys, aside from perhaps Jagr in his Washington days, don't take any shifts off.

4 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, December 02, 2005, Blogger Tom L said...

James,

In the case of Andrew Peters he never takes a shift off because he never gets any. :)

Good list, thanks for chiming in.

Ta,

 
At 9:41 AM, December 02, 2005, Anonymous pete said...

OK - I'll bite. Who has James interviewed?

I know you did the world's first ever profile of Andrew "top corner" Peters, and a one-on-one with Dean McCammond that I read. (But which, sadly, remains mysteriously lost to the annals of history)

But the last one is just a shot in the dark, since I can't remember. Cam Ward, maybe?

Oh no, wait. It's Draper.

What do I win?

 
At 11:19 PM, December 02, 2005, Blogger J. Michael Neal said...

It's funny that you mention Brendan Morrison, because in the world of US college hockey, he's still remembered for one very unfortunate line he delivered during his Hobey Baker acceptance speech the morning after Michigan was shocked by BU in the NCAA semifinals. I've always thought that it's horribly unfair, but there are, to this day, people around college hockey who think that he's one of the worst sports in the game.

 
At 4:09 AM, December 03, 2005, Blogger Nick said...

James, Give us your least favorite.
I still don't know what you see in Draper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker