Saturday, December 03, 2005

Laurier wins the Vanier Cup

BY JAMES MIRTLE, HAMILTON

Spent most of the day and much of the night in Hamilton for the Vanier Cup, a game that was a 24-23 Laurier Golden Hawks win over the Saskatchewan Huskies. What is with this week and great Canadian football games?

I'll have a story in Monday's paper, but two Canadian Press reporters, Shi Davidi and Dan Ralph, have stories up online here and here.

It's been a long few days. More later.

UPDATE Story is here. I think I reasonably capture the postgame drama, although I would have love just a little more time on the field interviewing some of the guys.

The Huskies took off from the field rather quickly (as you'd expect), and it was just way too damn cold to stay out there. My left hand was frozen to the tape recorder after 10 minutes out there. Ah, football in Canada — outdoors in December.

2 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Michael said...

My goodness! That trophy's bigger than he is!

 
At 3:07 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger alyosha mcbain said...

I didn't think that football really existed in Canada. Despite the evidence of this article, I stand by my original observation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker