Wednesday, December 07, 2005

One year of cheer that
the Mirtle blog has been here

It's time for a good old pat on the back — I almost missed it, but today marks one year since I started this blog.

Let us harken back to that first, fateful day (Dec. 7, 2004):
I'm hoping I can bring something of value to a medium condemned daily as the Internet's resident outhouse. I suppose, however, that not many start a blog intending to add to the wasteland, but that somehow they end up commenting on their cat Winky and the extra features of the Judge Dredd special edition DVD.
Oh, so very, very clever you of a year ago. But, with a solid 500 visitors a day now stopping by, I think I've at least accomplished that much. That said, I can't recommend as a strategy starting a hockey blog when the world's best league is locked out. There were some lean times, friends.

So, one year in the can and many more to come. Thanks.

4 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, December 08, 2005, Anonymous swabbubba said...

So is the Dec 7th going to be known a "Mirtle Day" in the future?
Congrats on a year. Now if you find the Oilers a solid #1 Goalie.... maybe it would be... go Oilers

 
At 4:11 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger alan said...

Here in the States, December 7th is better known as Pearl Harbor day, harkening back to the time when we Americans used to go to war for real reasons instead of making them up. But I like Mirtle Day better. Congrats.

 
At 10:46 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger Jes Gőlbez said...

I'd celebrate if I got the day off of work. otherwise, ppffft :)

 
At 11:21 AM, December 09, 2005, Blogger Christy Hammond said...

Congratulations and keep up the amazing work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker