Thursday, April 13, 2006

When do the games begin?

James,
Just one quick question…when exactly do the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs start ? Is it me or is this a State secret ? Thanks, I enjoyed your Apr. 7th column.
- Norm
They don't release the schedule until all the seedings are determined, but I'm almost certain it'll start on the Friday (April 21). The league nearly always takes two days off after the end of the regular season (they've taken a two-day break ever since 1995-96 when they only took one day off). Logistically, it's a lot easier for teams to arrange travel arrangements, etc., when they have even just that one extra day.

The Olympics may have compressed the schedule a bit, but I'm guessing the NHL would also like to kick things off on a Friday (for the first time in a long time, I might add).

I'll let you know for sure when I've got that info.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, April 13, 2006, Blogger John said...

According to the calendar the playoffs start Friday, April 21.

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/04/268434.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker