Sunday, June 18, 2006

The NHL's action-packed schedule

An added benefit to the fact the Stanley Cup final has been prolonged is that we're all setup with a ridiculously hockey-packed week.

Monday Game 7
Thursday NHL Awards in Vancouver
Saturday 2006 NHL entry draft (Day 1)
Sunday 2006 NHL entry draft (Day 2)
Next Friday (June 30) End of buyout period
Next Saturday (July 1) Free agency begins

I've already started working on a package for the draft, which is in primetime (6 p.m. EST) this year, so if you're planning on taking the coverage in, mark me down on your 'to visit' list for Saturday. (Otherwise it'll be a decidedly lonely way to spend a Saturday night.)

2 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, June 18, 2006, Anonymous Lyle Richardson said...

Will do, James! I just can't bear the thought of you stuck at home alone next Saturday night.

Actually, I was planning on doing the same thing since I'll be covering the draft for both my site and Foxsports.com, but I think we'll be too busy to be lonely!

Damn, I love this time of year. The draft weekend, the week leading up to July 1 and the opening days of the UFA market make for a busy time of year for me, but it's also the most fun, even moreso than the March trade deadline.

This year should be much more interesting than previous years because of the salary cap.

 
At 10:42 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Andrew said...

I'm a huge sharks fan. I've heard a rumor of Martin St.Louis going to San Jose in return for Nabokov. Any truth to this? I assume it would happen before the end of the month before St. Louis' no trade clause kicks in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker