Monday, June 26, 2006

Players react to being dealt

One of the worst part about when a deal is made is that you rarely get the perspective of every player involved. Most outlets are more interested in the player coming in than the one going out, and often the lesser parts of blockbusters are forgotten altogether.

With that in mind, here are a few of the more interesting quotes from players who were dealt over the weekend:
"I was shocked for about 10 minutes. For sure, that's the way it is when it's the first time you're traded. But when they told me it was Calgary, I was really happy. It's a team that will give me a chance for the Stanley Cup.

"If I had a chance to select the city to which I got traded, Calgary would definitely have been at the top of the list. I'm good friends with (Flames centre and former Av) Stephane Yelle and he had great things to say about the city."
— Alex Tanguay


"I've been in Vancouver a long time," he said, reflecting on the seven-plus seasons since he was acquired by then-General Manager Mike Keenan from the New York Islanders with Bryan McCabe for Trevor Linden. "Basically I grew up there, and have a lot of friends. Awesome teammates.

"But the reality has set in, (and) I'm extremely excited to come there. I've always had a good relationship with Mike and I'm looking forward to coming in and having a good start. It's a fresh start for me. It's something I need, and my family needs."


"It's definitely a surprise but at the same time I'm excited about the opportunity. I heard about the rumour and the possibility and even though you prepare, when it finally happens, you're still a little shocked.

"All of us are looking forward to the chance. It's a great opportunity, especially for myself personally."




"This is the new CBA; it's about money. We hadn't had any (contract) conversations with Colorado. That was a little disappointing, but it's a business and I understand that.

"When I saw they signed Joe and seeing what Jose (makes), I didn't know if I was going to be a part of the mix."
— Alex Tanguay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker