Monday, August 14, 2006

Desjardins calls it a career



I can't say I really had my finger on the pulse of everthing that happened when I was away, but one story that deserves quite a bit more pub is Eric Desjardins's retirement.

Desjardins is one of those players who I think really went under the radar throughout his career, and was one of the NHL's top defencemen for a lot of years without being recognized as such. Former teammate John LeClair called Desjardins "one of the best defencemen who ever came through Philadelphia" and I think that's a pretty fair assessment.

Injuries limited his effectiveness in recent years, but that shouldn't dull his legacy. Desjardins deserves at least a few mentions and a tip of the cap for his contributions, including his unforgettable hat trick in the 1993 Stanley Cup finals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker