Monday, September 18, 2006

Luongo's new mask

Former Florida goalie Roberto Luongo hasn't forgotten the Panthers in his new home. Luongo unveiled his new mask at practice Saturday, with Vancouver landmarks and a grizzly bear featured prominently.

Luongo paid homage to the Panthers by having the tail of the Pink Panther painted on the back. He said he thought about putting the panther on the front, but didn't because he's with a new team. In his time with the Panthers, Luongo's mask usually featured the cartoon cat.

"I wanted to keep that tradition going," Luongo told canucks.com. "It's kind of like a memento reminding me of the time I spent there."

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Isabella said...

I'm generally not a big fan of mask art, and the mask art I do like is always simple (like Auldy's Orca mask), so I don't care one way or the other for Luongo's art. What I am impressed with is how much thought he apparently put into it. He's really making an effort to embrace the team and the city.

 
At 2:45 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Jen Z said...

I'm with you, Isabella. I just hope our city extends a warm welcome right back...we have the reputation of being a goalie graveyard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker