Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ottawa @ Buffalo
An open thread

I don't think I've done this before, but given that I'm going to be on the road to The City of Good Neighbors to visit my good friend E.B. Green, let's open this thread up for discussion on tonight's game.

A slaughter in the making? Or the the beginning of a Senators turnaround?


At 2:34 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous pete said...

One has to imagine the Senators will turn it around at some point, so now is as good a time as any.

If Emery is indeed between the pipes, at least let him play well, and let the game not be a blowout.

Otherwise the status could be downgraded from funk to freefall.

At 2:39 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger BlackCapricorn said...

If you watched the Carolina game you might get a good sense that Buffalo is clicking on all cylinders now and that your question is rhetorical. The Sabres be scary this year.

At 2:50 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sens can take solace in the fact that the whole 'how bad of a loss will this be?' talk happened before they went into Buffalo and handed the Sabres a 4-1 loss.

Of course, the Leafs are much better than the sens so it's really a moot point.

Emery's arm could be a problem. If he gets hurt and Gerber has to go back in will the team quit?

At 3:07 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Darcy's Mom said...

Perhaps they could trade Gerber for a heart?

At 3:14 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Bob C said...

I almost don't care about the game anymore, I learned so much about the city of Buffalo from the Wikipedia link. Bars close at 4 a.m. there, who knew?

At 3:45 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Aaron Lozier said...

Loved reading the Wiki article, got me thinking about the city of Buffalo. Interesting, I was in Buffalo in 1998, when I was 9-years-old. AND, Coincidentally, the first NHL game I ever went to was on November 1, 2002, an Oilers-Sabres matchup in Edmonton that ended in a 1-1 tie. I still have my ticket from that game, good ole' #89 Mike Comrie graces the front.


I predict a Sens turn-around. 5-4 for the team from Canada.

At 3:49 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Matt said...

I'm sorry PPP, I can't let that one go.

"Of course, the Leafs are much better than the sens so it's really a moot point."

HA!! The Sens have been up to their usual dominance of the Leafs, even in the midst of arguably one of their worst slumps in some significant time. So quick you are to forget the 7-1-0 series of last season, or the 3-1-0 start the Sens are off to against your 'better' Leafs so far this year.

I suppose your next comment would be how the Leafs are better than the Sabres? Maybe when its 5 on 3.


At 3:54 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad someone reacted ;)

I rue the sens usual October-early April dominance of the buds. At least this year I can look at the standings and find the sens down the page.

5 on 3? how about the Leafs were better than the Sabres for the first 40 minutes until the Leafs picked up about 95 penalties in the third. 4-1 is far from a fluke score.

However, with Emery in net the sens should at least be confident that their tender will stop those fluttering 40 footers that are so tricky.

Maybe a game with the Sabres is just what the sens needed...or they could get anhilated.

At 4:04 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Matt said...

Oh you always get a rise out of me PPP. PS, I can't comment on BoO, you should look into that.

I don't think theres any argument who the favourites are for tonights game. This is a chance where the Sens aren't expected to come out with 2 points. I would love to see a 3 goal comeback in the third period for the sens to win it in overtime. But then, I'd also love if Gerber took a ride home with #15...


PS, Heatley still owns the Leafs.

At 4:06 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger ninja said...

If the Sens can get up to play the Leafs, they'd best be able to get up for the team that punk'd them last year.

At 4:11 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt - I'd send an e-mail to Don since he is basically the webmaster.

Ninja's right though, if they can't put together their best game of the year for the team that eliminated them last year then they are in a lot more trouble than previously thought. Especially Alfie, he was embarrassed.

This should be a good game. Either legitimately or because the sens get wrecked.

At 5:49 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabres by a touchdown. And I think it's last call 4 a.m. When I was there in '89 it seems to me we spilled out of a bar near the Aud around 4:30 and it was still busy and dark in the club. Back in Presbytoronto, last call was barely midnight and the goons were picking drinks out of our hands at about 12:15. And however much of a barn the Aud was, you could buy a mixed drink at the concession.

At 6:06 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm predicting the Sabres win 6-0, and that the Senators have a huge meltdown either Thursday or Friday.

At 10:49 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Aaron Lozier said...'s OVER!

Sens win 4-2, Emery leading the way.

At 11:12 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the Sabres don't handle big expectations against Ontario teams very well.

Does this mean Gerber gets traded?

At 2:07 AM, November 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean Gerber gets traded?

God I hope so. But who'd take him?



Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker