Friday, December 22, 2006

Holiday programming

Well, I know from years past that blog traffic really dries up right around Christmas, but as (for the first time ever) I'm sticking around Toronto for the holidays to please my corporate masters, the posting here (and here) should continue unabated.

The world junior tournament is set to kickoff on Boxing Day (Tuesday) in Sweden, which means I'll have some sort of preview up in the next few days, along with a list of things to watch for. Team Canada's entry, once again, looks very strong, but the American club also has a ton of high-end prospects who are anxious to put last year's fourth-place debacle behind them.

In any event, here's hoping you'll be stopping by — and if not, have a great holiday.

2 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, December 24, 2006, Blogger Desdemona said...

Thanks for the heads up, I love the WJC, and am glad that someone other than TSN will be covering it.

Of course I hope that Canada wins, but do you have a favourite this year? I'm a little glad that they lost to Sweden the other night as they were ranked (I think by TSN) 5th. They have 2 excellent goalies, and an excellent defense. Even if they win a game 1-0, hey they won the game.

Anyway, this way Canada will realize it's not all going to be a walk in the park. I think that they know that on a certain level already, but now they have to accept that they will have to work for the gold.

 
At 2:27 PM, December 24, 2006, Blogger PJ Swenson said...

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker