Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday reading

If you're looking to pick up a book over Christmas (or one for a hockey fan on your list), I've got two to recommend:

When the Lights Went Out
How One Brawl Ended Hockey's Cold War and Changed the Game
by Gare Joyce

Searching for Bobby Orr
by Stephen Brunt

I'm just starting to sink my teeth into both books, but Joyce and Brunt are two of the best sportswriter's around, and so far, I'm duly impressed. I'll have more once I burn through these tomes (something I can start in earnest after finishing Richard Ford's The Sportswriter) — which given my blog-load might be a few weeks.

Too many great books, too little time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, December 22, 2006, Blogger Doogie said...

I've got both those books on my wishlist.

I found a YouTube of a debate between Don Cherry and Michael Farber over that brawl at one point, but damned if I can track it down again. Maybe the Mother Corp. ordered it down.

 
At 2:45 PM, December 22, 2006, Blogger Andy Grabia said...

I found it, and have been working on a post. Should be up on BoA within the hour, Doogie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker