Monday, February 19, 2007

Leave it to Luongo

Kudos to J.J. Guerrero for pointing out that the Vancouver Canucks are on a 17-3-3 run where they've been outshot in 16 of the 23 games.

Tom Benjamin gave some love to Roberto Luongo a few days back, but I don't think it can be said enough: If he's not the league's MVP, he's right up there between Sidney Crosby and Martin Brodeur.

And I can't think of a hotter team at the moment than the Canucks, who have had quite the turnaround from last season. GM Dave Nonis deserves some lovin' of his own.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, February 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Nonis deserve a lot of credit for that deal? As an Oiler fan, I am more than happy that Nonis is at the helm of the Canucks. However, if I ever meet Mike Keenan, I might have to throw him down a flight of stairs.

 
At 9:44 PM, February 19, 2007, Anonymous Dennis Prouse said...

Meh - I'm still recalling all of Nonis's desperation deals last year. He coughed up all kinds of picks for a bunch of sorry rentals, none of whom stayed in Vancouver long enough to visit the Aquarium. Even at that, they didn't make the playoffs. As a result, he has no assets to move this year. That doesn't get you GM of the year award in my books.

 
At 9:45 PM, February 19, 2007, Anonymous Mike said...

You know, if I was a fan of the Oilers, I'd be pretty jealous that the Nucks GM was able to aquire one of the top talents in the game and then actually make the guy happy. Then again, who needs Pronger anyway, right?

 
At 12:02 AM, February 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did Pronger wanting to leave Edmonton have to do with Kevin Lowe? Unless there were some pretty freaky things going on in the Oilers dressing room, I doubt Kevin Lowe is a part of Pronger's "personal family reasons".

 
At 10:15 AM, February 20, 2007, Blogger PPP said...

Too bad the Canucks made this deal about 4 years too late. They could have won a cup.

And by too bad I mean thank God for Burke's insistence that Cloutier was a number 1 goalie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker