Monday, February 26, 2007

Roenick wants out

"I would obviously love to be traded to a Stanley Cup contender, to a team in the playoffs," Jeremy Roenick said after the morning skate on Monday. "To get that feeling again (after) being out of the playoffs here and being driven down to the basement like I have.

"(I've been) swept through the mud, so to say."
— Canadian Press
Roenick also says he's on the cusp of retirement, and that he's willing to "take what I can get" in terms of a deadline deal.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, February 26, 2007, Anonymous Lyle Richardson said...

As I've said before, I don't see too many Cup contenders lining up to acquire a washed-up forward whose best shots now come from the lip.

 
At 8:17 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger Black Dog said...

They should trade him to Philly.

Just for kicks.

Great work by the way James.

 
At 8:21 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger Earl Sleek said...

Jeesus, JR. The only thing you could possibly contribute to a contending team at this point is color commentary, even Nintendo knows that by now.

Seriously, though. Grab a microphone--that'd be sweet.

 
At 8:28 PM, February 28, 2007, Blogger bogthing said...

How embarrasing is this, I thought he had retired! So much for the "new" NHL schedule. I don't think I've ever seen a Phoenix game televised.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker