Thursday, April 26, 2007

'Call it the Cult of Lou'

Lamoriello was then, as he is now, the supreme ruler of the hockey program and players disobeyed him at their peril. During his senior year at Providence, Burke was called into Lamoriello’s office.

“I was thinking right away that one of the freshmen must have broken curfew,” Burke said. “I went in and he said, ‘I’ve got an application for [the law-school exam].’ He slid it across his desk and said, ‘I talked to your professor and if you break 700, you can get into Yale.’

“I slid it back and said thanks but no thanks. I had no interest in law school. He slid it back and said, ‘You don’t understand, this is not a request.’ ”
Also check out Shoalts's piece for the print edition on Loophole Lou, which is well worth a read.



At 5:32 AM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Sideshow Raheem said...

Shoalts must be getting his material from the Jim Rome show - because this is the exact same anecdote that Burke told Rome on Monday.

At 11:04 AM, April 26, 2007, Blogger FAUXRUMORS said...

1) Nice story, and shows what kind of person Lou is.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker