Monday, April 09, 2007

The return

Well, I'm back in town after a long layover at Washington National, and just trying to catchup on everything that's happened while I was away.

My trip south was basically to get away and sightsee, but I did catch the Sabres' 2-0 win over the Capitals at the Verizon Center on Saturday afternoon — something that gave me a chance to meet the Capitals' staff and a herd of credentialed bloggers. I also spent a little time talking with Alex Ovechkin and others after the game, something I'll have more on in the next day or so. (In a nutshell, D.C. was a great place to visit, despite the record low temperatures. Good thing it's considered a museum town.)

As for the playoff match-ups: At first glance, they look terrific. There are very few (if any) slam dunks there, and it's going to be a chore besting Maggie the Monkey in the prognostication department.

I'll have some sort of preview together either tomorrow or early Wednesday.

7 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, April 09, 2007, Anonymous DC Sports Chick said...

Nice meeting you and the lady. Hope you can make it back to D.C. sometime when the weather's better.

 
At 8:07 PM, April 09, 2007, Blogger DaveO said...

I wrote about Ted's blogger outreach strategy in a Blogging for Retailers white paper and I am curious about the process by which the Caps are accrediting bloggers and what the impact has been so far. Comments?

 
At 8:19 PM, April 09, 2007, Blogger James Mirtle said...

I can't say I'm close enough to the Capitals to know the answer to that question.

Eric McErlain could tell you about the process.

 
At 9:40 PM, April 09, 2007, Anonymous OrderedChaos said...

James, good meeting you too. You're welcome back any time, just leave that Toronto weather at home, okay? ;-)

 
At 10:54 PM, April 09, 2007, Anonymous Gustafsson said...

We'll have to visit Toronto in August and bring the heat and humidity!

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

 
At 11:30 PM, April 09, 2007, Blogger chanuck said...

Nice to meet you and hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to DC.

 
At 2:51 PM, April 10, 2007, Anonymous Danny said...

Wow, when I was in pittsburgh it was the lowest temperatures they had in 10 years. And I also got a chance to meet Crosby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker