Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Shock the Monkey

Maggie the Monkey is back with her picks, and this year she's really heavy on the favourites: Detroit, Minnesota, Vancouver, Nashville, Buffalo, New Jersey, Atlanta and Pittsburgh.

I'm not ashamed to admit she bested me last year, going 9-6 in what was a pretty topsy-turvy ride for the Edmonton Oilers to the finals. I went 8-7 last year, including a 1-3 record in series the Oilers took part in (the only one I got right was the second-round win over San Jose).

My only truly redeeming pick last year, actually, was picking the sixth-seeded Anaheim Ducks to make it all the way to the conference finals.

In short, predictions are hard. Mine will be up in this space Wednesday morning.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, April 11, 2007, Blogger teebs said...

First off I want to say how relieved I am the monkey has chosen the Canucks.

Here are my picks for the first round.

WEST
#1 Detroit vs #8 Calgary ---> Flames in 6
#2 Anaheim vs #7 Minnesota ---> Anaheim in 5
#3 Vancouver vs # 6 Dallas ---> Vancouver in 7
#4 Nashville vs #5 San Jose ---> San Jose in 6

EAST
#1 Buffalo vs #8 NYI ---> Buffalo in 4 (5 if Dipietro comes back)
#2 New Jersey vs #7 Tampa Bay ---> Jersey in 6
#3 Atlanta vs #6 NYR ---> Rangers in 5
#4 Ottawa vs #5 Pittsburgh ---> Pittsburgh in 7

 
At 3:26 AM, April 11, 2007, Blogger Loxy said...

I too was 1-3 in Edmonton's run for the cup...

Shows how much confidence I had in them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker