Monday, May 07, 2007

A look back at Round 2

Prediction >> Result

Eastern Conference
Buffalo in 6 >> Buffalo in 6
New Jersey in 7 >> Ottawa in 5

Western Conference
Detroit in 6 >> Detroit in 6
Anaheim in 4 >> Anaheim in 5

Overall record: 8-4

On the whole, I'm absolutely stunned at just how predictable these playoffs have been so far: If you look back at my master bracket racket from before Round 1, I had the Eastern Conference mapped out exactly (to go with the unfortunate Hail Mary Minnesota/Nashville selection in the West).

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if more than a few prognosticators were 12-0 so far, something that was unthinkable last season.

Round 3 predictions should be up sometime on Wednesday.


At 12:12 AM, May 08, 2007, Blogger teebs said...

Not bad so far we have a draw with different teams being called each round. My results below.

#1 Detroit vs #5 San Jose --> Detroit in 6 >> Detroit in 6
#2 Anaheim vs #3 Vancouver --> Vancouver in 6 >> Anaheim in 5

#1 Buffalo vs vs #6 NYR ---> Rangers in 7 >> Buffaslugs in 6
#2 New Jersey vs #4 Ottawa ---> Ottawa in 6 >> Ottawa in 5

Overall record 8-4 and 7 games off total.

At 1:07 AM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

Detroit-Buffalo, you know it! We won't be knocked out by Pronger again!

Actually, I'm ecstatic to see 4 teams that I like in the top four. This is going to be a great few weeks of hockey regardless of who comes out on top.

At 11:21 AM, May 08, 2007, Blogger The Forechecker said...

This has been a pretty straightforward playoff. I was 6-of-8 in the opening round (oops on Minnesota and Atlanta) and 3-of-4 in the second (missing on Vancouver). I hope to run my numbers sometime tomorrow and post predictions for the conference finals.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker