Monday, July 02, 2007

Bertuzzi heads to Anaheim

The Anaheim Ducks have signed forward Todd Bertuzzi to a two-year contract.
Brian Burke has always been one of Bert's biggest fans, and there were a ton of rumours at the trade deadline that the Ducks were desperately trying to acquire him.

Just imagine what a line with Bertuzzi and Dustin Penner might look like?

UPDATE The only thing I can think to add at this moment is that this, perhaps, means that Teemu Selanne has played his last game in the NHL.

And Schneider-Bertuzzi certainly seems like a downgrade from Niedermayer-Selanne.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, July 02, 2007, Anonymous snafu said...

I don't really get this one. I didn't see the Ducks as really needing a Bert kind of player, especially with the youngster they have right now and in the pipeline. I know Teemu may not be back, but just looking at the Ducks needs overall... I dunno. (And I do know about Burke's history with Bert. Doesn't mean it makes sense for that team.)

 
At 11:46 PM, July 02, 2007, Blogger J. Michael Neal said...

I've probably just missed something obvious, but why would that imply that Selanne is done in the NHL?

 
At 12:28 AM, July 03, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

As a wings fan, I'm happy they "let bertuzzi get away" James, I think you were spot on when you described him as "a cancer."

 
At 12:31 AM, July 03, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

Also, if the wings really want to sign a physical player past his prime, I say they go with Lindros or Amonte... Not that I think it would be the best move for them.

 
At 2:45 AM, July 03, 2007, Blogger J. Michael Neal said...

If the Wings want to sign a physical player past his prime, I say they go with Shanahan. Then again, I still want them to try to get younger.

 
At 11:08 AM, July 03, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

They need to pick up Hasek and someone like Guerin, then save some cash for loading up before the playoffs.

 
At 1:09 PM, July 03, 2007, Anonymous BDH said...

Bertuzzi and Pronger on the same team? If I'm John Welter I'm staffing up this fall.

 
At 5:08 PM, July 03, 2007, Anonymous Keith said...

There were people who wanted this clown in Calgary. I can't stress enough how happy I am that he signed anywhere else...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker