Monday, July 09, 2007

Guerin named Isles captain

The New York Islanders named veteran Bill Guerin as their team captain Monday.

Guerin, a 15-year NHL veteran, signed a two-year deal with the Islanders last week. He becomes the 11th captain in team history.
He's got some big shoes to fill.

I honestly wonder if this was part of what was promised to Guerin when he signed in Long Island, as it had long been reported the team had told Ryan Smyth he would be the captain had he signed with the club.

Guerin will be 37 in November and has never captained an NHL team.

I'm a big Mike Sillinger fan; I would have given it to him.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, July 09, 2007, Blogger saskhab said...

Sillinger or Witt, but hey... I'm biased for the Sask boys.

I wonder if in the future we'll have negotiated captaincy clauses in contracts. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker