Thursday, August 30, 2007

Calling all fantasy junkies

If you're a hockey blogger/writer who is also really, really into fantasy hockey, I'm looking for you for my annual hockey pool. Spots are extremely limited, so not everyone's going to get in, but if you're up for a live online draft of a few hours and a pool with daily roster movement, let me know via email.

I narrowly won last year, with Chris from Covered in Oil (2nd), Earl Sleek (4th) and Spector (5th) proving some of the main competition. There'll also be a few colleagues from The Globe and elsewhere in the running, making this a pretty tough go.

UPDATE Okay, okay – everyone really likes fantasy hockey. I'm actually just looking for a handful of bloggers/media types to fill out the roster (Yahoo unfortunately has a 20-team limit for head-to-heads); I may now have to start another pool with people who read McKeen's and want to take a run at me.

(If I lose, does that mean you'll stop buying the magazine?)

I think I'm going to be able to fit everyone in, so hang tight. (Any straggling hockey bloggers, feel free to email me your requests.)

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, August 30, 2007, Anonymous Lyle Richardson said...

I'm in and looking forward to it, provided I can get a decent goalie this year! I won't be missing the draft this year.

 
At 5:53 PM, August 30, 2007, Blogger The Forechecker said...

Thanks for having me, this should be a lot of fun. So can I assume you are arranging the waitstaff for the draft?

 
At 10:50 PM, August 30, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

I would love to get in on this. Could you send me an invite?

Thank you very much.

 
At 11:41 PM, August 30, 2007, Blogger Earl Sleek said...

Earl Sleek (4th)

Damn you, Dan Cloutier!

 
At 9:00 AM, August 31, 2007, Blogger Daryl said...

Standard scoring? Actually, who cares. It'd be cool to be in a pool with u folks if there's still room!

 
At 9:10 AM, August 31, 2007, Blogger PPP said...

Shouldn't choosing Cloutier preclude Sleek from playing fantasy hockey ever again?

 
At 11:33 AM, August 31, 2007, Blogger Scotty Hockey said...

I'm down if you still have room!

 
At 2:56 PM, August 31, 2007, Blogger Djlethal01 said...

I would love to do it if you still have room.

 
At 1:18 AM, September 01, 2007, Blogger Doogie said...

Does being a fan correspondent for Fox Sports' Puck Podcast count as being a media/blogger type? If so, I'm in.

 
At 11:25 AM, September 01, 2007, Blogger James Mirtle said...

Guys, you have to email me in order for me to be able to invite ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker