Monday, August 13, 2007

The end of friends

Aw, I'm flattered. I really am.

But in an effort to quell the avalanche of requests from, well, whoever they are, I'm afraid it's time to call a moratorium on Facebook friends.

I'm as big a fan of Internet phenomena as anyone, but this really seems like one instance where things should remain (brace for the groan) between friends. By all means, still shoot me an email whenever (and especially on hockey-related matters), but for now, random photos of weekend hi jinx are all mine.

Besides, there are 38 Wayne Gretzkys just waiting for your request.

6 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, August 13, 2007, Blogger Shane Giroux said...

"whoever they are" is the perfect term to describe a lot of Facebook friends requests. I think that site is changing the definition of friend to "someone who ran into your second cousin once in the mall"

 
At 12:57 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger saskhab said...

Speaking of that, my third cousin's ex-husband once worked with a guy whose friend once knew James in elementary school, so there's really no reason to deny my friend request.

 
At 5:42 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger James Mirtle said...

I'm honestly getting 15-20~ requests a week, and most of them include the words 'hockey' and 'woo'.

 
At 8:33 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger PB said...

[PB tries to send James Mirtle a "friend" request on MyFace]

[thinks that a cool, hip, trendy message to him would be all of that]

[wonders when the phrase "all of that" went of style...then checks closet...clothes are from the same era]

[settles on "hockey" and "whoooo!" and "'sup bro'" as suitable messages]

[reads post on the new moratorium on accepting new friends in MyFace]

[PB begins to reevaluate his life choices as well as writing in the third person.]

:-D

 
At 7:27 PM, August 24, 2007, Blogger mcoale said...

I'm glad I'm already a "friend" on Ballhype.

Or is that exempt from the ban?

 
At 7:35 PM, August 24, 2007, Blogger James Mirtle said...

There's not much personal about the Ballhype system, so add away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker