Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Eagle lands in Sweden

And from the looks of this video, everyone's pretty excited about the whole thing.
  • Here's a look at Belfour's press conference. The reporter seems incredulous that a 42-year-old former NHLer would come play in Leksand (then he starts trying to teach him Swedish with cue cards)

    And it seems now he'll be called 'Eddie the Orn'

    I love the hard-hitting questions, too: "Is it true that, once in your career, you had your own butler?" ("No, not true," Belfour says.)
One more video link here. Apparently Belfour's first game in Sweden will be Oct. 24.

Thanks to a Swedish reader for sending these in.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, October 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's pretty typical question to billionaires.

 
At 1:00 PM, October 17, 2007, Anonymous penaltyshots.ca said...

I'm interested to see the new incarnation of Eddie's eagle mask. Maybe this will start an argument, but is there a nicer mask than Eddie's? I find most are too hard to distinguish from a distance.

I found a picture of his Olympic mask and its sack nice! Maybe nicer than his Blackhawks Eagle, but I may be biased due to the Canadian flags. I posted his Olympic mask on my website. Though the picture isn't great.

 
At 3:27 PM, October 17, 2007, Anonymous penaltyshots.ca said...

I just heard back from edbelfour.com and he is going to wear his Maple Leafs mask as the colours match.

 
At 3:28 PM, October 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker