Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fantasy feelings (Part 2)

Yeah, I'm a few days late for this information to be, uh, useful for your pool, but here it is nonetheless:

Breakout Candidates
Derek Roy, Buffalo - Not really out on a limb here, as he's about to takeover the No. 1 centre spot on one of the most dangerous teams in the league. Point-a-game talent.

Mike Comrie, N.Y. Islanders - Sure, maybe he's not all that popular, but Comrie is going to be the first-line centre in an offensive environment and should have a career year, points-wise. Attribute it to Duff power!

Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Minnesota - It's hard to believe he's just 23 given how many years he's been around now, but he's easily a 70-point player in more offensive environs.

Joe Pavelski, San Jose - Really opened a lot of eyes during a half-season audition last year and was terrific in preseason. San Jose's depth is starting to emerge.

Drew Stafford, Buffalo - Another player who spent part of last season in the minors and showed he was ready for prime-time in 2006-07.

Honourable mention: Ryan Getzlaf, Zach Parise, Dainius Zubrus, Nathan Horton, Alex Radulov, Mikko Koivu, Todd White, Stephen Weiss, Ryane Clowe, Antoine Vermette


On the Rebound
Brad Richards, Eric Staal, Brendan Morrow, Mike Modano, Vaclac Prospal, Cory Stillman, Jason Arnott, Jeff Carter, Glen Murray

Late Gems and Long Shots
Travis Zajac, Peter Schaefer, Phil Kessel, Michel Ouellet, Rostislav Olesz, Mikael Samuelsson, Kyle Calder, Trent Hunter, Radim Vrbata

The Freshmen of '08
Nicklas Backstrom, Jonathan Toews, Andrew Cogliano, Jaroslav Hlinka, Brett Sterling, Sam Gagner

On the Blue Line
Jay Bouwmeester, Brian Rafalski, Paul Martin, Brent Burns, Nathan Paetsch, Mark Streit
.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, October 05, 2007, Blogger saskhab said...

I'm sure the Edmonton bloggers have it covered, but Gagner & Cogliano looked awesome last night. I think the Oil are even faster this year than they usually are, which is pretty amazing. Penner might not work out because he simply won't be able to keep up!

 
At 10:42 AM, October 05, 2007, Blogger saskhab said...

Not to be nitpicky, but wouldn't Jeff Carter be more a "breakout candidate" than a rebound guy? He's been pretty average (and underwhelming) production wise in both his years in the NHL.

I have 3 of your blueliners in my two pools, and a couple of your rebound guys, but none of your late gems. I did try and get Oullet at one point but he got drafted just prior to my pick, and I wouldn't have minded either Zajac, Olesz, or Calder, just took others instead.

In my money pool I got all 3 Staals (full 23 man roster, Marc taken in final round mainly for show but also decent upside). I'm pretty proud of that one.

 
At 10:55 AM, October 05, 2007, Anonymous penaltyshots.ca said...

Nick Antropov is giong to make me look like a genius this year. Though I think my pick of Kyle Calder will bring me down to earth. I wanted Stastny in the fourth round and he went two picks before me. I should have picked him in the second.

 
At 12:12 PM, October 05, 2007, Blogger namflashback said...

That would be "Stuff by Hillary Duff" (R) James. Which brings about all sorts of imagery that is making my eyes burn.

"Hey Hillary, I'm feeling a bit naughty", Mike said slyly, "can you stick that here?"

"Oh yeah, Mike" replied Hillary willingly, "I call that the Stuff by Duff"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker