Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Kelly speaks

"I was flattered when the [headhunting] firm first called me to see if I'd be interested and the more and more I've learned, the more and more I want to do this. I would say my interest in this has mushroomed over the past couple of weeks.

"These guys have been let down so often in the past and anyone who's spent any time with these guys knows that most of them are outstanding people who deserve better and that will be one of my goals."
Kelly is a Boston Bruins season ticket holder, and apparently a big hockey fan, which is good news for the players in that they're getting someone with some knowledge of who they are and the issues involved.

He had been declining interviews earlier this week, but Tony Gallagher at the Vancouver Province gets this one.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, October 17, 2007, Anonymous penaltyshots.ca said...

I don't think the players were let down by Goodenow, I think they let him down, which is something Kelly should be aware of now that he is at the helm.

Their salaries grew at a pretty hefty rate while Goodenow was in charge. Maybe they should have played follow the leader a little more closely. I guess from a fan's point of view, I am glad that I have been able to watch hockey the last two years.

 
At 2:22 PM, October 17, 2007, Anonymous Al said...

The attribution should go to "Tony" Gallagher.

 
At 2:33 PM, October 17, 2007, Blogger James Mirtle said...

Right you are. Was thinking of the Sun's Iain MacIntyre for some reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker