Saturday, October 20, 2007

Toews's goal


Unreal.

"He's going to be a nice player," Avs coach Joel Quenneville said. "That certainly was a great play, and one-on-three we have to make a better play defensively."

'Hawks coach Denis Savard called the goal "highlight-tape, goal of the week, probably goal of the year, probably one of the best goals for a long time."

Said Jonathan Toews: "I gave a couple of head fakes, and I guess with the speed it was enough to get around the first defenceman. I decided to take it to the net and Theodore was out, so I stuffed it around him."

"I was telling the guys on the bench it felt like I blacked out and I couldn't even remember what happened on that play," Toews said. "That's what happens sometimes, you just go by instinct, and if you catch a few breaks, you're lucky enough to score. That's pretty much the only way I can sum it up, really."

"Man, that was a sick goal, that's for sure," teammate Patrick Kane said. "I got a D-zone assist there. I passed it up to him in the D-zone and he goes through the whole team. I told him. 'Thanks for the point, buddy.' "

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, October 20, 2007, Blogger saskhab said...

I like this clip better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obp8G2JFgkM

What more can you say? The kid is already a star. Looks like each year the Calder winner scores that one goal that just makes you stop everything you're doing and just enjoy the moment. Ovechkin vs. Phoenix, Malkin last year on Brodeur, and this is Toews' exclamation point.

Couldn't be happier for Chicago to have this kid.

 
At 8:01 PM, October 20, 2007, Anonymous S said...

I'd love to see a resurgence of hockey in Chicago, and it seems like these two young men are going to go a long ways to starting the process.

Could a TV deal and competent ownership be in the making?

 
At 12:15 AM, October 21, 2007, Blogger Aaron said...

His description of what happened reminds me of this equally glorious moment.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fgsJjy359i0

"What happened, I blacked out."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker