Monday, November 05, 2007

Forsberg suffers a setback

The news out of Sweden today is that Peter Forsberg had to leave the ice during practice after experiencing problems with his troublesome foot, and he announced that he, in fact, will not be playing with the national team in the Karjala Cup next week.

"The foot hurts. I've never been this close to ending my career," he told Aftonbladet.

So much for all of the recent speculation over where he was headed in the NHL; it's possible we never see Forsberg play in another meaningful hockey game.

Swedish-language link here.

2 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, November 05, 2007, Anonymous Keith said...

Death, taxes, and Forsberg getting injured.

 
At 11:17 AM, November 06, 2007, Blogger Cameron said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So much for my 'X-mas surprise' where I promote a healthy Forsberg playing in Detroit or Ottawa to my roster and blow the pool competition away with a mid-season surge.

At least I don't have Leafs goaltending though. So I got that working for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker