Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Award voting continues ...

Unfortunately, The Battle of Alberta, Covered in Oil, Lowetide and Globe on Hockey did not make the cut in the Canadian Blog Awards.

People apparently read these sports blogs more often, which I find difficult to believe.

Mirtle blog limps into the final round for best sports and best media blog, and it's pretty fair to say I'm decidedly less evil than the alternatives. (Rick Mercer? Pure, publicly-funded evil.)

Last year, a Red Sox blog won the sports category, perhaps due to the huge promotional arm of baseball's massive blogosphere. Apparently posts about sabermetrics are more popular than the Buffalo Sabres.

If this site has any hope, it lies with a Pensblog photoshop contest.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, January 23, 2008, Anonymous PJ said...

Mirtle, are you a celebrity? I didn't think this was a media blog since you specifically state that it is not affiliated with the G&M.

Oh, and if I wasn't too lazy I would have probably voted for Lowetide in round 1. But it'll be you all the way from now on. That is if I'm not too lazy to vote again.

 
At 1:29 PM, January 23, 2008, Blogger Robster said...

Go James Go!

 
At 2:09 PM, January 23, 2008, Blogger James Mirtle said...

PJ - I don't nominate myself for these things, but now that I'm in the running, might as well campaign.

 
At 5:20 PM, January 23, 2008, Anonymous phillie said...

Finally, your talent is recognized across the fruited plane. Go James!

 
At 6:05 PM, January 23, 2008, Blogger Earl Sleek said...

James, you just got two more votes out of me than anybody in the voting for the All-Star Game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker