Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Much like Vote for Rory
... minus league intervention (hopefully)

I'm not writing an acceptance speech quite yet, but this is just a note to point out that I've been nominated for the Canadian Blog Awards in two categories: Best Sports Blog and Best Media Blog.

Thank you to the kind soul who took the time to do so.

This site finished third last time around, I think, so perhaps a bit more campaigning is in order. I will mention that hockey blogs are pretty well represented in the Sports Blog category: Battle of Alberta, Covered in Oil, Lowetide, Globe on Hockey (awkward) and others made the cut.

I believe I'm the only sports blogger on the Media Blog list.

So... vote for me — and pretend it's the result of a witty viral internet campaign like Chris Bosh put together.


At 9:50 AM, January 16, 2008, Anonymous mc keeper said...

Well deserved nominations, James. Best of luck.

At 10:27 AM, January 16, 2008, Blogger Wm. said...

Yours is the first hockey blog I read each day James. It is a well rounded and very fair assessment of what is going on it the hockey world that I love.

Best of luck with the award.

At 4:21 PM, January 16, 2008, Blogger The Gate To The Groin For Yannick Bertrand said...

Wow they really went to town on the logo for the awards, didn't they?

At 4:55 PM, January 16, 2008, Anonymous ken said...


That's as advanced a logo as the one my mom made for her church website.

At 6:47 PM, January 16, 2008, Blogger sager said...

How do the corporate sites that have no links, no blogroll and no interaction between writer(s) and readers get nominated.



At 10:46 PM, January 16, 2008, Blogger sager said...

And Go Mirts!

If you win, will that be enough to get you hired as Leafs president?


Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker