Friday, February 08, 2008

Boudreau's journey

At this season's training camp, Washington general manager George McPhee told Boudreau he would be an NHL coach, that he just needed to stay the course. Those words meant a lot to Boudreau, even though McPhee didn't imagine it would come with his own Caps. ....

He met with McPhee, then the players. He walked into the dressing room for the first time and wondered what he was going to say. "I was numb on what to do and say," Boudreau said. ... "You wonder about it, and then, all of a sudden, you're doing it. I didn't notice the crowd. This is what I do, and I've got to make it look like I know what I'm doing."
Bruce Boudreau's arrival as an NHL head coach at the age of 52 has been one of the real feel-good stories in the league this season, and Burnside's piece picks up some really neat details behind the whirlwind that the past few months have been.

I'm sure plenty of outside observers here in Toronto will be rooting for the Capitals if they can sneak into the playoffs here down the stretch.
.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, February 08, 2008, Blogger Pyronite said...

I'm sure plenty of outside observers here in Toronto will be rooting for the Capitals if they can sneak into the playoffs here down the stretch.

Hell, I'm a big Hurricanes fan and find myself rooting for the Caps, no link to Boudreau necessary. They're fun to watch, have a deserving superstar on their team, and are playing infinitely better than my team has been playing night in and night out.

If they make it and make a dent, I'll be happy to support them. Though that doesn't mean I want them winning the SE every year. ;-)

 
At 12:31 PM, February 08, 2008, Anonymous PPP said...

I like watching Ovie play. Hopefully they don't win the SE but end up in 8th so that they can eliminate the sens in 4 ;)

Or that the Habs end up in 6th for the same reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker