Thursday, April 10, 2008

Outdoor hockey at the Igloo

Penguins fans who don’t have tickets to Game 2 of the Stanley Cup playoffs Friday night at Mellon Arena can watch the FSN Pittsburgh broadcast of the games on a large video screen outside the arena.

A 12x16 LED screen has been set up in front of the Gate 3 entrance, near the marquee, and will carry the FSN broadcast, starting with the pre-game show. Game time is 7 p.m.
>> team release
Worth driving to Pittsburgh for?

Maybe by Round 3.

The Pensblog has a Photoshop-filled recap of last night's game. (And they're running low on mouse pads at the store.)
.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, April 10, 2008, Blogger Anne M said...

The Sabres did this last year and the year before and it was pretty cool. It became a huge party outside the arena. I have no doubt the people of Pittsburgh will do the same.

 
At 2:23 PM, April 10, 2008, Blogger BlackCapricorn said...

Anne- beat me to the punch with the Sabs story! As a Buffalo ex-pat just watching those scenes of the outdoor crowd made me want to jump into my car and drive up there for the fun. Too bad it ain't happening this year.

 
At 3:29 PM, April 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had tickets and drove from Buffalo to see the game

 
At 3:39 PM, April 10, 2008, Blogger Pensgirl said...

James, I thought you had us going down in round 2. ;)

They didn't seem to get many people last night, but I think it was a bit of a late announcement, among other things. I'm interested to see how many people show up tomorrow with no work/school the next day. I sure wish they had it back when I still lived in Pgh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker