More on Hockey-Reference sponsorships
James,We're starting something. It may be making money for others, but that's okay. Hopefully they use it for good instead of evil.
I just wanted to say thank you for mentioning the sponsorship system in your blog. We made a nice chunk of change last night due to your post.
Sports Reference LLC
A look around the blogosphere at sponsorship-related business:
- Wyshynski! (which his name has been legally changed to) bought up Chris Pronger and put out the call for suggestions for his tagline
- Stars fan Jen purchased Brenden Morrow and Darryl Reaugh
- These guys bought up Kelly Hrudey, Dustin Brown and Luc Robitaille
- On Frozen Blog, Japers' Rink and others have bought pretty much all of the 2007-08 Capitals
- Some Leafs fans paid half the hefty fee for Wayne Gretzky so that I would change his tagline. Now there's a good business model
- Kevin took his idol Barry Melrose
- Goose's Roost has The Goose
- Mile High Hockey took Burnaby Joe
- And I made sure The Pensblog was the first one to know about Gary Roberts's availability