Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thrashers sign Reasoner

The Thrashers have agreed to terms with former Edmonton Oiler center Marty Reasoner. Reasoner isn't a top-flight scorer (his career high is 34 points) but he's a solid complimentary player and a strong penalty-killer. He led Edmonton forwards in short-handed time-on-ice (TOI) and that says something considering Edmonton had the fifth best PK in the NHL last year.
Atlanta was brutal shorthanded last season and that's where Reasoner's going to play a big role.

He was 13th in the NHL among forwards in total ice time on the penalty kill in 2007-08 and has been a solid defensive player for a few years now.
.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, July 17, 2008, Blogger ryanbatty said...

I like Reasoner he gave a good effort every night, but I'm glad he's not coming back to Edmonton. If I had to watch one more powerplay flounder with him out there I was going to scream.

 
At 3:00 PM, July 17, 2008, Blogger Doogie2K said...

I'm sad to see him go, but I guess it was time. Too many kids looking to take his spot, and I'd rather see him move on to a team that needs him than to see him twiddling his thumbs in the press box for 50-60 games for the sake of "loyalty."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker