Friday, August 15, 2008

Stauffer named Oilers colour man

The Edmonton Oilers have named Bob Stauffer as the team’s radio colour commentator, joining Hall-of-Fame broadcaster Rod Phillips in the broadcast booth for the 2008-09 season.

Stauffer joins the Oilers radio broadcast team after five years with the Team 1260 radio station in Edmonton, taking over the position of colour commentator formerly held by long time Oilers broadcaster Morley Scott.
Congrats to Bob, who is a big friend of the blog.

In other Oilers-related broadcasting news, former NHLer Ray Ferraro is leaving the Sportsnet game broadcasts to work for TSN. In my opinion, Ferraro is one of the better analysts out there.
.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, August 15, 2008, Blogger Loxy said...

Will I get more Ferraro here on the West Coast?

He's my fave, so if it means he's on less Oiler games and more overall games, I'm pleased...

 
At 7:37 PM, August 15, 2008, Anonymous PJ said...

Hey Bob, if you're reading this, see if you can try and get Rod to use a phrase other than "he rips a drive" during the broadcasts. I tried turning it into a drinking game last year, but got half cut after about 1 minute.

Congratulations on the new job. I've only been listening to your show for the past few months, but I have enjoyed the chats with Georges, Rich Winter, and Kevin Lowe. Not sure who they'll be replacing you with, but I'm sure the frequency of the "fire Maciocia" calls won't decrease.

 
At 5:29 AM, August 16, 2008, Blogger Mike said...

I agree with you about Ferraro. I think he's one of the best colour men in the game right now and it's unfortunate we're losing him on the Oilers broadcasts but he deserves the promotion. Is Morley moving into his role on TV? Is that why Stauffer's getting the job holding Phillip's cane?

 
At 4:28 PM, August 17, 2008, Blogger The Gate To The Groin For Yannick Bertrand said...

In my opinion, PJ Stock is one of the better analysts out there.

HNIC'ed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker