Tuesday, September 09, 2008

It's that time again
Fantasy hockey season starts up

Yahoo's fantasy hockey leagues are up and running for another year, and this season, they've added some additional functionality in the way of allowances for keeper leagues and other options like setting the draft order.

What that means is that my annual pools are set up and at the ready. The 'A' Pool is a 20-team league with the best of the blogosphere — Spector, Puck Daddy, Earl Sleek, Matt Fenwick, The Forechecker, Sharkspage are already signed up — squaring off. This is a very competitive keeper league with a small entry fee.

The 'B' Pool is what I call an Open Invitational, where anybody at all can join in. Preference is given to regular commenters here, with the requirement being that only those serious about showing up for a live draft and playing all season sign up.

If you're in the hockey blogosphere (or media) and would like to join the 'A' Pool, there are about a half dozen spots available. The Open Invitational has 10 to 14 openings.

Send me an email if you'd like to take part.
.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger Kent W. said...

Hopefully I can avoid the injury bug this year.

 
At 2:44 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger Earl Sleek said...

I have a new draft-day strategy that seems promising:

Slovakian women's team.

 
At 2:46 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger Fred Poulin said...

She received what? 1 shot?

 
At 4:22 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger Doogie2K said...

I did pretty respectably in the "B" Pool last year, until I got clobbered (17-27) the last three weeks and backed into the playoffs.

Email's in the...ah, mail.

 
At 6:56 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger VeryProudofYa said...

I didn't keep up with the fantasy hockey league goings ons last year, since i wasn't involved, but it'd be neat if the winner of the B pool got entry into the A pool the following year.


Or not, fantasy hockey's usually a blast anyway.

I zipped an email, various body parts crossed.

 
At 7:02 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger James Mirtle said...

That's the idea, but I won the B Pool last year.

And the A, come to think of it. ;)

The response so far has been incredible. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't going to get in unless I create more pools, and I don't know that I can play more than two.

 
At 7:03 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger Stevens8204 said...

Sadly I have several money leagues going James but who wound up winning the league last year anyway?

I am going to be covering several of the best leagues out there. This one looks like a ton of fun.

 
At 7:07 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger Earl Sleek said...

That's the idea, but I won the B Pool last year.

And the A, come to think of it. ;)


Ah, but I won the "B" playoffs of the "A" pool; that's something, right?

 
At 7:11 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger VeryProudofYa said...

"Ah, but I won the "B" playoffs of the "A" pool; that's something, right?"


That makes you the winner of the coveted Mr. T trophy.

Go get 'em, Baracus.

 
At 7:46 PM, September 09, 2008, Anonymous Danny Tolensky said...

I'm in although the Autostars may have to live on because I'm out of town that weekend.. Hopefully I can find somebody to draft for me and that my whole team doesn't get injured at the same time again.

 
At 9:51 PM, September 09, 2008, Blogger Earl Sleek said...

Go get 'em, Baracus.

He's on the jazz, man. And I ain't gettin' on no plane, sucka!

 
At 5:04 PM, September 30, 2008, Blogger Freeze said...

will you post the link to the league so we can all follow along in the madness?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link


.

Free Page Rank Checker
eXTReMe Tracker